Tutoring & Success Tools
The Student Success Center provides lots of services to encourage academic excellence and foster independence by building confidence in a welcoming environment.
Free On-Campus Tutoring
- Tutors are available free of charge for all LCCC students enrolled in one credit hour or more.
- One-time or long-term tutoring is available six days a week – mornings, afternoons, evenings and Saturdays.
- Tutoring available in many subjects – from math to English to Spanish to chemistry to much more.
- LCCC students can make regular appointments or drop in. Appointments are highly encouraged.
Free Online Tutoring
3 a.m. and you need help? Try this free, computer-based, live
tutoring at smarthinking.com
! More than 80 percent of Smarthinking tutors have a master’s degree or Ph.D. in their discipline with an average of eight years of teaching experience.
Contact the Student Success Center
and password information. This service has a limited number of hours of tutoring available each semester. Once those hours are reached, online tutoring will not be available until the following semester.
Free Paper Review & Writing Consultation
- Have your paper reviewed before submitting it to your instructor! Your paper will be reviewed for structure, organization, development and mechanics.
- Drop off or submit your assignment instructions and paper in a Word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must clarify the assignment requirements.
- Turnaround time is 48 hours (excluding weekends).
- Writing consultation also is available through the Writing Center.
- Educational materials
- Facilitated study groups
- Success workshops
- Academic success coaching