Tutoring and Success Tools
The Student Success Center provides a lot of services to encourage academic excellence and foster independence by building confidence in a welcoming environment.
Thursday, Dec.11: open by appointment only
Friday, Dec.12: open by appointment only
The Student Success Center will be closed from Dec. 13 through Jan. 19.
The center will reopen for tutoring on Tuesday, Jan. 20.
Free On-Campus Tutoring
- Tutors are available free of charge for all LCCC students enrolled in one credit hour or more.
- One-time or long-term tutoring is available six days a week – mornings, afternoons, evenings and Saturdays.
- Tutoring available in many subjects – from math to English to Spanish to chemistry to much more.
- LCCC students can make regular appointments or drop in. Appointments are highly encouraged.
Free Online Tutoring
If it's 3 a.m. and a student needs help, they can try this free, computer-based, live tutoring at smarthinking.com. More than 80 percent of Smarthinking tutors have a master’s degree or Ph.D. in their discipline with an average of eight years of teaching experience.
Contact the Student Success Center for log-in and password information. This service has a limited number of hours of tutoring available each semester. Once those hours are reached, online tutoring will not be available until the following semester.
Free Writing Consultation
- Writing consultation is available through the Writing and Communications Center. Get help at any phase of the writing and/or speech-planning process, from brainstorming ideas, to outlining, to discussing revision strategies on a completed draft of a paper.
- Success Handouts
- Facilitated study groups
- Success workshops
- Academic success coaching