English as a Second Language
Come study with us! Laramie County Community College’s English as a Second Language program (ESL) is designed for international students who want to improve their English language skills in order to succeed in an English-speaking college or university.
For a list of courses, please see the college catalog
and look under Course Descriptions.
These credit courses are open to all levels of non-native English speakers, from beginning through advanced. At each level, you will take classes in areas such as grammar, reading, writing and listening/speaking. Our classes are conveniently scheduled as 15-week sessions during the fall and spring semesters.
Apply to the Program
Students wishing to enroll in the English as a Second Language program must complete the application and financial statement that are used to apply for admission into LCCC.
- Small, friendly classroom settings
- Individualized attention given by experienced and dedicated instructors
- Collaborative learning environment
- Discovery of the many cultures of students in your classes
- Concurrent enrollment in regular LCCC classes for advanced ESL students
- Help with your academic and immigration needs from the international student adviser
- Personalized assistance with airport pick-up, housing arrangements and other necessities upon your arrival
- Streamlined admission into LCCC
- When you successfully complete this program, you will take our Compass placement test to place into college-level courses. You then will not have to take the TOEFL for admission to LCCC.