Students in LCCC's diagnostic medical sonography program are studying OB scanning and need volunteers to practice their techniques in LCCC's modern ultrasound lab.
Exams are available during the spring semester (January-April) only, Wednesdays at 1 p.m. or 2 p.m.
- Must have had a normal OB ultrasound performed at a physician's office, clinic or hospital for their current pregnancy in the second or third trimester.
- Must be 18-36 weeks pregnant at the time of their exam.
- Must bring their OB report.
Schedule an Exam
What to Expect
- You will be scanned for about 45 minutes by one to two students. At all times, students are monitored and instructed by an experienced LCCC DMS faculty member.
- These exams are not designed to replace official exams performed by professional sonographers.
- Ultrasound exams will not be read by a radiologist, nor will a report be generated.
- Students will provide several paper print images of your baby and will provide you a CD of your exam. Images are jpeg format. LCCC does have 3-D/4-D technology.
- You are encouraged to bring as many as three guests with them to share in the experience.
- You should be prepared to be patient and enjoy the time spent observing their baby.