The Laramie County Community College equestrian team traveled to Laramie to compete in the IHSA Hunt Seat Show hosted by the University of Wyoming on Feb 26-27. The following riders qualified for hunt seat regionals, which will be held on March 12: Krista Quint, Elizabeth Harris and Annie Hoag.
The hunt seat team finished its regular season in sixth place in the region.
Individual results are as follows:
· Emily Hamilton placed second and fifth in Novice jumping and fourth and sixth in Novice equitation
· Krista Quint placed fourth and fifth in Novice equitation
· Elizabeth Harris placed third in Advanced walk, trot, canter equitation and fourth in Novice equitation
· Jordan Matthews placed fifth and seventh in Advanced walk, trot, canter equitation
· Natalie Fry placed second and third in Advanced walk, trot, canter equitation
· Annie Hoag placed fifth and sixth in Beginning walk, trot, canter equitation
· Lily Crawford placed first and fifth in Beginner equitation
Hunt Seat Regional Standings:
1. University of Colorado
2. University of Wyoming
3. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
4. Colby Community College
5. Colorado College
6. Laramie County Community College
7. Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture
8. University of Nebraska-Omaha
The equestrian team’s next events will be the Hunt Regionals on March 12 at the University of Colorado in Fort Lupton, Colo., and the Western Regionals on March 13 at LCCC.