The LCCC Alpha Omega Zeta chapter officers attended the 92nd Annual Phi Theta Kappa International Convention in Orlando in early April and received numerous awards.
- Leadership Hallmark Award – 5th Place
- Scholarship Hallmark Award – 4th Place
- Service Hallmark Award – 2nd Place
- Distinguished Chapter Award – 4th Place
- Chapter Development Program Recognition – Five Star (highest star level)
In addition, several members ran for leadership positions at the regional level. and three members were elected as Regional Officers:
- Tracy McEwen – Regional Co-President
- Melissa Busler – Regional Communications Officer
- Trista Wood – Regional Secretary
Also, Arshi Nisley won the prestigious Paragon Award for New Advisors in the Nebraska/Wyoming region. Chapter advisers also include Jeff Shmidl, Scott Smidt and Maggie Swanger.
In the fall, our chapter will be hosting the Regional Meeting and organizing our 3rd Annual Relay For Life. Please be on the lookout for a lot of wonderful work from this chapter.