The Laramie County Community College equestrian team took second place in both of its last regular season hunt seat shows at the University of Nebraska show in Lincoln, Neb., Feb. 16-17. The Golden Eagles had six athletes place in the competition. Overall the LCCC hunt seat team finished fourth in the region.
Individual results are as follows:
- Emily Hamilton placed first and second in intermediate fences and first and second in intermediate equitation.
- Nicole Blankenship placed first and second in novice fences and first in novice equitation.
- Morgan Carmichael placed sixth and seventh in intermediate fences and second consecutively in open equitation.
- Abby Carpenter placed third and fourth in advanced walk, trot, and canter equitation.
- Emily Smith placed fourth in beginner equitation.
- Natalie Fry placed fifth in novice equitation.
Three Golden Eagle riders qualified for regional competition: Morgan Carmichael, Natalie Fry and Jessie Johnson. To qualify, riders must place in the top two in their respective class to enable them to ride at the zone competition in Parker, Colo., later this year.
The team’s next event is the western show regionals hosted by Colby Community College in Colby, Kan., Feb. 23.