The Laramie County Community College equestrian team hosted a western IHSA horse show Nov. 6-7 at the LCCC Arena. More than 30 horses were provided for this show by students and community members. There were eight teams and more than 100 riders from around the region competing in total. The Golden Eagles tied for second place on both days.
· Emily Graham placed third in Reining and second and third in Open Horsemanship
· Elizabeth Harris placed sixth both days in Open Horsemanship
· Jamie Johnson placed fifth both days in Open Horsemanship
· Kayla Fisk placed fourth in Advanced Horsemanship
· Ashlyn Alarid placed seventh in Advanced Horsemanship
· Jordan Matthews placed fourth in Novice Horsemanship
· Leah Santillanes placed second in Novice Horsemanship
· Trisha Dahlke placed third and fourth in Intermediate II Horsemanship
· Krista Quint placed first and third in Intermediate II Horsemanship
· Travis Anderson placed fourth and fifth in Intermediate II Horsemanship
· Sara Eggert placed second and fourth in Intermediate I Horsemanship
· Annie Hoag placed second and third in Intermediate I Horsemanship
· Gloria Welch placed fourth in Intermediate I Horsemanship
· Anna Eberth placed first both days in Beginner Horsemanship
· Katie Briggs placed second and third in Beginner Horsemanship
· Vicki Cherry placed fourth and fifth in Beginner Horsemanship
The following athletes have qualified for the western regional competition thus far: Elizabeth Harris, Krista Quint, Annie Hoag and Gloria Welch.
The equestrian team’s next event will be on Nov. 13-14 at the University of Nebraska in Omaha.