The Laramie County Community College rodeo team
made a large improvement over the week and had a great performance at the Chadron State College Rodeo in Chadron, Neb., Sept. 20-22.
The men racked up a total of 415 points and tied for second with the University of Wyoming. The women’s team got a great performance from freshman Tawny Barry as her first-place finish in the short go gave her the overall win in the goat tying competition. As group, the women’s team finished in fifth with a total of 75 points.
· Tawny Barry won the goat tying competition with a time combined time of 13.5.
· Blayne Bradley finished second in the tie down roping with a combined time of 19.6.
· Peter Walnofer finished tied for second in steer wrestling with a combined time of 10.8.
· Dillon Simonson finished fourth in steer wrestling with a combined time of 11.4.
· Jorry Lammers finished fourth in barrel racing with a combined time of 34.01.
· Chance Englebert finished tied for fifth in bareback riding with a combined score of 145.0.
· Katelyn Ellis finished seventh in goat tying with a combined time of 16.0.
Coach David Browder had good things to say of his team. “This was a good rebound for us as we had some great individual performances,” he said, “and it gets us back in the race in the Central Rocky Mountain Region Standings.”
Looking to carry this great performance on to the next rodeo, the Golden Eagles will head to Sheridan, Wyo., Sept. 27-29 for the Sheridan Rodeo.