Loncey Johnson and Jesse Pilcher will represent the Laramie County Community College rodeo team
at the College National Finals Rodeo
on June 10-16 in Casper, Wyo.
In the final rodeo of the season, the LCCC women’s rodeo team finished in sixth place with 100 points and the men’s team finished in seventh place with 160 points in the University of Wyoming Rodeo in Laramie April 27-29. Some of the LCCC student-athletes had to earn some big points to advance to the College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR). Gus Thoreson placed second in saddle bronc riding, but fell short by 15 points to qualify for the CNFR.Top Performers
· Gus Thoreson placed second in saddle bronc riding with 139 points.
· Mackenzie Fair placed second in bull riding with 71 points.
· Hayli Bonham placed third in breakaway roping with a combined time of 8.4.
· Jesse Pichler placed fourth in barrel racing with a combined time of 31.17.
· Cole Thoreson placed sixth in saddle bronc riding with 70 points.
· Tyler Jacobs and Nathen Pedersen placed sixth in team roping with a combined time of 28.1.
· Shana Lyons placed eighth in goat tying with a combined time of 7.5.
In the 2011-12 region standings the men finished in seventh place with 1,825 points, and the women also finished in seventh place with 1,130 points. Final Central Rocky Mountain Region Standings
· Loncey Johnson placed first in bull riding with 445 points.
· Jesse Pichler placed third in barrel racing with 635 points.
· Gus Thoreson placed fourth in saddle bronc riding with 710 points
· Justin Thomas placed seventh in bull riding with 290 points.
· Lacey Carroll placed seventh in barrel racing with 350 points.
· Cole Thoreson placed ninth saddle bronc riding with 265 points.
· Raelynn Keller placed twelfth in barrel racing with 185 points.
· Mackenzie Fair placed fourteenth in bull riding with 140 points.
· Logan Kadlec placed fifteenth in bull riding with 105 points.
· Shana Lyons placed fifteenth in goat tying with 83.3 points.
Complete rodeo results can be found at http://www.cnfr.com/