Integrated systems workers maintain, calibrate and repair the high-tech electrical, mechanical and electronic equipment found in today’s industrial environment. If you’re a problem solver, enjoy hands-on training and want to improve your chances of getting a high-wage, high-demand job, then this training was designed for you!
About Integrated Systems Technology
Integrated Systems Technology is the newest high-demand career opportunity in American industry. Individuals with IST skills maintain the technologies and equipment that make American industries the most productive in the world. Broad range of skills cross-over into various career fields.
The shortage of IST workers is at an all-time high and growing. With current retirement projections, the shortage already has had a dramatic impact in the United States. Trained workers who have IST skills are in high demand!
About the Program
The Integrated Systems Technology (IST) certificate is designed for students who desire a career in industrial maintenance. This program provides the necessary skills and associated background knowledge to prepare for a career in a variety of industrial environments. It combines the fundamental skills of eleven core courses with a choice of concentration areas that include additional courses in electrical; mechanical; or heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) specialization areas.
Our high-tech Integrated Systems Training Center offers a combination of computer-based and hands-on skills training. Areas of study include:
- Industrial Math
- Industrial Safety
- Industrial Tools
- Piping Systems
- DC & AC Electricity
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Fluid Power
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- Electric Motors
- Motor Control Systems
- HVAC Fundamentals
- Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs)
Basic reading, math, and problem-solving, and manual dexterity skills are needed to be successful in the IST program and in an IST position. Our experienced staff can help you assess your strengths and help you determine if IST is a good program for you.
- Structured to best meet the needs of a wide range of students and businesses
- Open-entry, open-exit format allows students the flexibility to attend class when their schedule permits. Course structure can be customized to meet personal and business needs.
- Flexible hours and self-paced learning environment
- Grant funding may be available from the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services.
- State-of-the-art center
- Utilizes a combination of classroom interaction, computer based training and actual hands-on experience
- Uses the same kinds of industry-quality equipment found in today’s high-tech environments
- Expert trainers who share their extensive experience in the electrical, mechanical and electronic fields
Students interested in this program must attend a pre-assessment with staff members. Assessments will be scheduled for industrial math and industrial tools. These assessments take approximately one hour and are provided at no cost to the student. Call 307.432.1647 or 307.432.1637 for an appointment or any additional questions concerning pre-assessments.
History of the Program
The Integrated Systems Training began in fall of 2007 as a partnership with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services. Through a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, LCCC launched the Integrated Systems Training Center.
From fall of 2005 to fall of 2007, 102 students participated in the program and completed 666 courses. This included a thriving partnership with the Climb Wyoming program, in which 18 women received skills training in Integrated Systems Technology programs to help these participants secure better-paying jobs.