One of the advantages of studying mass media or multimedia at Laramie County Community College is the access students have to paid internships.
- Because Cheyenne, the largest city in Wyoming, serves the state capital, it offers numerous job opportunities in local, state and federal government agencies.
- Many nonprofit organizations have their headquarters in Cheyenne and offer positions, especially in public relations and marketing.
- Laramie County has a daily newspaper, several weekly newspapers, one television station, 10 radio stations, several Internet and marketing companies, and advertising and public relations agencies.
- Printing companies and catalog designers such as Sierra Trading Post offer job opportunities.
Some examples where internships have been served are as follows:
- Associated Press
- Bureau of Land Management
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- KFBC Radio
- Laramie County Tobacco Prevention
- Old West Museum
- Wyoming Association of Conservation Districts
- Wyoming Department of Agriculture
- Wyoming Homeland Security
- Wyoming newspapers
- Wyoming State International Trade Office
- Wyoming Tribune-Eagle
- And various other businesses in town