Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
After successfully completing the CNA course, the student earns a certificate and is eligible to take the state exam to become a licensed Certified Nurse Assistant. Verification of immunizations and a satisfactory background check is required. Anyone interested in becoming a CNA can take this course.
Spring Sessions in Cheyenne
- HLTK 1510-601 – March 26 - May 7, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
40-hour clinicals will be held April 27, 28, May 4 and 5.
Summer Sessions in Cheyenne
- HLTK 1510-600 – June 3 - June 28, Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
40-hour clinicals will be held June 21 through June 27.
- HLTK 1510-601 - June 24 - July 19, Mondays through Fridays, 1-5 p.m.
40-hour clinicals will be held July 12 - July 18
Summer Session in Laramie
- HLTK 1510-360 - July 8 - July 15, Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m-4 p.m.
Clinicals will be held Juy 15 - 19, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. A course orientation will be held Friday, June 21 at the ACC at 4 p.m.
About the Course
Students gain proficiency in basic resident care skills, beginning infection control, communication and interpersonal skills through theory, practice and supervised clinical experience. Students prepare to take the qualifying exam for CNA as an integral part of this course. Nurse aides must be certified to work in health care facilities in Wyoming, and this course is designed to meet OBRA guidelines and follows state-approved curriculum. A 40-hour clinical will be scheduled with the instructor at a local nursing home facility.
Attendance is mandatory. This is a state of Wyoming requirement. Hours that are missed for any reason must be made up with the instructor or the nursing tutor. There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS.
For the course:
- Tuition and lab fee: $350 (for fall 2012)
- Textbook: $78 (new) or $59 (used – when available)
- Uniform: $45
- CPR certification: $50
- TB test: price varies
- Background check: $15-$20
For the Wyoming State Board Exam:
- Application fee: $60
- Criminal background check: $60
- Written and skills exam: $90