In order to qualify for a Hathaway Scholarship, a student must:
- Demonstrate Wyoming residency as determined by the eligible institution.
- Successfully complete the success curriculum and be accepted for admission by the eligible institution.
- Apply for the Hathaway Scholarship prior to the start of the semester you wish to initiate the scholarship.
High school students must:
- Have graduated from an eligible high school.
- Satisfy current state curriculum requirements and the success curriculum requirements.
- Meet the minimum cumulative high school GPA requirements and ACT or WorkKeys® requirements.
- Have graduated after April 1, 2006.
GED students must:
- Have received the GED while residing in Wyoming and,
- Have attended an eligible high school prior to receipt of the GED; and,
- Have taken the GED after April 1, 2006.
- Meet the minimum GED score requirements and ACT or WorkKeys® requirements.
Home-schooled students must:
- Have submitted curriculum to the local board of trustees each year through grade 12 or graduation to demonstrate the home-school program complies with the requirements of a basic academic educational program; and,
- Satisfy the same curriculum as high school graduates, including the success curriculum requirements.
- Meet the minimum ACT or WorkKeys® requirements.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a resident of Wyoming or eligible nonresident. Resident tuition classification decisions are made by the Office of Admissions and Office of the Registrar..
- Must be a 2006 high school graduate or beyond.
- Must apply for award and enroll at LCCC within two years of high school graduation and prior to your 21st birthday.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must not be in default on a federal Title IV education loan.
- Must not owe any refunds on a federal Title IV student aid program.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony in Wyoming or another jurisdiction (Exceptions may be granted by the Wyoming Dept. of Education).
- Must not be incarcerated.
Home Schooled Students
Award levels for home schooled students are based on ACT scores and the completion of success curriculum requirements. These students must also meet all other eligibility requirements as listed here.
GED students are those who attended a Wyoming high school, but did not graduate, instead completing the GED. For Hathaway eligibility you must meet this description and your equivalent high school class must also have graduated after April 1, 2006.
Part Time Students
Part-time students must currently be taking 6-11 credit hours per semester. These students receive their eligible award in an amount proportionate to the hours they are taking. For example, a part-time student who qualifies for an Opportunity level scholarship, taking 6 credit hours will receive $400 (=$800 X (hours taken/12)). All other eligibility requirements remain the same for part-time students.