Work Study

Federal Work Study is an employment program funded by the federal government and LCCC. It provides students with part-time jobs to help meet the cost of education. Jobs pay from $7.25 to $8.80 per hour and generally average 8-12 hours per week.
If you are no longer interested in Federal Work Study, please notify the Financial Aid Office. If you turn down your award, you may not be allowed to seek on-campus employment later.
If you are not eligible for federal work study, you can apply for another type of on-campus job: student employment.

Benefits of Federal Work Study

  • A variety of jobs are available that may work with your class schedule.
  • Federal Work Study income does not affect your financial aid eligibility for next year.
  • You gain valuable work experience and in some cases can even earn cooperative education credit.
  • You can avoid student loan debt by working to pay for your education.

Getting a Job

Getting Paid

  • Time sheets are due in the Financial Aid Office by 5 p.m. on the 1st and 15th of every month.
    You are paid two weeks in arrears. You will not receive your first paycheck until approximately one month after you begin working.
  • Paychecks may be picked up in the Payroll Office, Room 146 of the Administration Building, on the 1st and 15th of each month.
  • Your earnings generally cannot exceed the amount that was offered in your award letter. Make sure you inform your supervisor of this amount. Both you and your supervisor should monitor your hours and wages to make sure that you do not exceed the allowable limit.

I-9 Documentation Needed

If hired, you will be required to prove you are eligible to be employed in the U.S. You will need to show one document from List A, or one document from List B and one from List C.
List A
• U.S. Passport - expired or unexpired
• Unexpired foreign passport with I- 551 stamp or attached INS Form I-94 indication unexpired employment authorization
• Any of the following INS forms: N-560, N‑561, N-550, N-570, I-151 or I-688B
• Any of the following unexpired INS forms: I‑688, I-688A, I-327, I-571 or I-688B

List B
• Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the U.S., or ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color and address
• School ID card with photograph
• Voter’s registration card
• U.S. military card or draft record
• Military dependent’s ID card
• U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
• Native American tribal document
• Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:
• school record or report card
• clinic, doctor or hospital record
• childcare or nursery school record

List C
• U.S. Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)
• Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
• Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the U.S. bearing an official seal
• Native American tribal document • U.S. citizen ID card (INS Form I-197) • ID card for use of Resident Citizen in the U.S. (INS Form I-179)
• Unexpired employment authorization document issued by the INS (other than those listed under List A)