Integrated Technology Services at LCCC provides a number of services to students and college employees.
Printing and Wireless Access on Campus
Anyone who wishes to print or connect to the wireless network on campus needs a valid login.
Students: If you are registered in credit courses, you are automatically enrolled in the system. You will need to reset your password online through LCCC Password Management.
Employees: Please use your regular Outlook account for printing and wireless access.
Guests: To print, you will need to create an account and purchase print credits. Please contact the Help Desk at 778.4357 or Ludden Library at 778.1205 for details. For wireless access, please call 778.1291 for a guest login.
Laptop purchase program
- Students, faculty and staff are eligible for a discount on purchases from Dell Computers. Click here, enter member ID US34692384 and start shopping!
- LCCC students and employees may download Microsoft Office Suite applications digitally at http://lccc.onthehub.com. This online option is free for students and $9.75 for employees. Discs are available for $20.45. Simply enter a valid LCCC e-mail address to create an account at the online store.
- LCCC students and employees can purchase Adobe products online and get up to 80% off the retail price of many products like CS5. Visit http://lccc.onthehub.com and simply enter a valid LCCC e-mail address to create an account. If you have already done this for MS Office applications, just log in with the same account and look for the Adobe tab.
Laptop and video camera checkout
- Students may check out laptop computers and digital video cameras for a limited time.
- Call the Student Help Desk at 307.778.HELP (x4357) for assistance or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have made contact, you can work out the details on how best to communicate (chat, text/instant messaging, 800 phone number, e-mail, etc.).
- The Business and Computer Support Center is a student-staffed computer repair center. The technicians are students who are taking computer tech classes and want to gain some hands-on experience. Each machine that is worked on receives the “fishbowl special” – the machine is cleaned, defragged, scanned for viruses, and if necessary, installed with anti-virus software. The fishbowl technician labor hours are free, but if a part is needed, the customer is responsible for purchasing it. If a customer wants software installed, the technicians can take of it. They can be reached in the Business Building, Room B109, at 307.778.4356 or on Facebook.
- EaglesEye video tutorials are available from the main EaglesEye page or on YouTube.
- Student Computer Center
Fine Arts Building, Room 171
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Sunday closed
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Business and Technology commons:
There are two open commons areas in the Business and Technology Building; one on the lower floor and one on the upper floor. These areas are open any time the building is, which typically is 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Arp Building computer lab:
Arp Building, Room 148 is an open computer lab with 10 computers.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Emergency Notification Alerts
You may choose to sign up for text, voice or email alerts that will notify you of campus closures and save you critical time in a true emergency. Learn more.
The mission of Integrated Technology Services is to provide technically current, responsive and reliable information technology resources to the students, faculty and staff who rely on, trust and use those resources.